Preschool Field Trips
Our preschool programs are aimed specifically at 3 to 4 year olds enrolled in preschools throughout our region. Book your preschool in now for these fun-filled programs aimed at enriching the scientific knowledge of the children in your preschool with songs, stories, experiments and more! Each program is approximately 45 minues, followed by 45 minutes for you and your class to explore our galleries.
Preschool Program Choices
Take your preschool class on a 90 minute self-guided visit to our galleries. Please click here for a description of our galleries, including temporary and permanent exhibits.
Dinosaurs are sure to captivate everyone! Explore the shapes, sizes and special features of these prehistoric creatures.
It's Fun to Float
Experiment with the properties of water and buoyancy. Build a boat and see if it floats!
What's an amphibian and why are they special? How are they different from reptiles? Get up close and personal with our residents of both animal groups.
Colour Your World
Explore the exciting world of light and colour! Mix and separate colours, experiment with light and prisms.
Don't Bug Me
Love them or hate them, insects are interesting! Introduce your preschoolers to the basics of these crawly creatures, and meet some of our resident buggy friends!
Build and Break
Let your preschoolers explore their creative engineering sides as they build with different materials and explore architecture at their level.
Fees and Information
- Program fees: $3.50/preschoolers with a $50 minimum booking fee
- Your preschool must be a licensed and registered preschool under the Northern Health Authority to qualify for these rates and programs.
- Maximum 20 preschoolers per group. Please bring one supervisor for every five preschoolers in your group (ECEs and parent/volunteer supervisors are admitted FREE)
- Click here to book your program using our online field trip booking form
- Click here to download a PDF booking form that you can fill out and fax to us at 250-562-6395.
- Please remember that your booking is not complete until you receive a Confirmation Form, which also serves as your invoice, from us. Please check that all of the information on the confirmation is correct, sign it and fax it back to us. Your booking is complete when we receive your signed form.
We require at least two weeks' notice by telephone: 250-562-1612 or email: . A late cancellation fee of $25 will be charged if proper notice is not given. All prices and policies are subject to change without notice.