Living Landscapes The Exploration Place
Boy Scout troup

Churches organized activities

For many years churches organized most of the city's summer camps, the scout troops, and hockey teams.

The Boy Scouts were introduced to Prince George in July 1919, by Scoutmaster and Rev. S. Pollenger. Initially there were 15 members. They went camping for several nights on their second outing.

Most children attended Sunday School regularly. At St. George's Anglican Church they had stamp books and introduced young people to collecting.

On June 16,1922, The Prince George Citizen noted, "Children's Day service in connection with the primary dept. of Knox Church S.S. will be observed in the church at the forenoon service (11 o'clock) on Sunday the 18th inst. The children will repeat lessons learned during the session and will render appropriate hymns, while during the service the diplomas gained will be presented. Parents and friends of the children are cordially invited to attend."

NEXT >>>