100+ Prince George Icons
Prince George’s first electric traffic light

Courtesy The Exploration PlaceClick to enlarge

Previous Next

Prince George’s first electric traffic light


This electric “stop-and-go” traffic light was installed at the intersection of George Street and Third Avenue in 1953. It hung suspended by wires over the centre of the intersection, where it remained in operation until the early 1980s.



Return